A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

I am so broke.

So we headed to the post office today because I had a huge stack of packages to mail. Penpal stuff, swap stuff, etc etc. And You would't believe how much it cost me.
Go Ahead try to guess.

$44!!!!!!!!!!

One package to Belgueim (which I just totally spelled wrong) cost me more the mail then the price I paid for it's contents!!

I think in the future swaps might be a rareity. That $44 is on top of the over well over $100 that I spent for the actual contents.

So I'm thinking maybe I'll do every other SP or something. I Dunno, it's just that that is a lot of money!! Mailign them one at a time felt different. It would be $8 here $6 there, but $44 at once really makes me realize how much I'm spending on these things!


On another note I got a few packages myself today:

Package #1- I'm offically a Weight Watchers. I can't remember if I talked about this already or not. But I ordered the basic stuff (on eBay) to do weight watchers. I'm not going to do meetings to anything, just do it myself at home. The kit came today and I think this might be hard. I'm allowed 22 points a day. My favorite chinese meal= 13 points for a small portion, I don't tend to eat a small portion.

Package #2- More windows for my mini Harry Potter book. My old sticker windows got damaged, and the teacher sent me some new ones.

Then the topper

Package #3, A gift sent on behalf of my Fiber Godmother! Good Ol Mel (from http://crazycatladymel.livejournal.com/ ) sent some of her handmade stitch markers. With a note : A gift from your Secret Pal, It isn't me Really. Here's the set i got:

Now being a beginner knitter I just have to learn why (and how) to use stitch markers.


These are GREAT!!!! Thanks Godmother!!!!!!


There was also a small pin that says "Knit in Public"



Now that I've actually seen stitch markers maybe I could make some in the future!

I'm also curious how my godmother knew of my unspoken love of monkeys!!

So in other words, it was a great mail day!!! And the packages made me temporarily frget about my serious brokeness.