A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Okay so I didn't

play hookie. I went to work. I actually had an ok time, which hasn't happened yet working at night. I found out my boss likes me. He's not like in love with me (which has happened to me before with a boss) but he likes being my manager, likes working with me, likes the way I do my job, likes chatting with me, and doesn't want me to move to a different department and therefore leave him. I think I won't ask to move to the other department I like, because in actually I think I would hate my new boss, he tends to be a serious jerk, and I do all in all like my manager.


My Mom is buggin me for pictures of my shrug, so I'll have Nick finally take pictures today. I also need to run an take a picture of the slipper sock I made for him, hold on I'm going to run and do it now!! So I ran and took a picture of the sock. I think it turned out pretty well. My husband has some big ol feet. He wears a 13 or 14 shoe depending on the style. And I dunno if it's just me or what, but handmade socks seem to look gigantic. So this thing is HUGE!

Here is is flat.





















This is how it fits, this is just for reference because that is my big ol foot in there, not his.



















And here's a total size reference. And YES that is my arm, and for those that don't know I have amazingly long "monkey" arms, it's kind of amazing that they don't look to long on my body. They definently don't drag the ground when I walk. UNless that is why my knuckles always have mystery cuts??

By the way notice my bracelets? They are fibers I've spun! I tie them on as a little walking fiber gallery. Then when I talk to people about spinning I just hold out my arm "Oh see I made these..."


I didn' notice it until this picture, but I have a weird spot on my arm. Notice the reddish part around that one mole. Well in real life it isn't red, but the skin is different then the rest. It's probably a scrape, but I'll put some lotion on it to make sure it isn't just dry.

And yes that slipper sock goes all the way from my elbow to past my wrist!!!


NOW for a little game, and a test to see who actually reads this blog. Try to guess what method made this sock? Knitting? Crochet? something else??? Maybe I'll give a prize or something to the first person that guesses correctly.

Now about the sock. The sock is made with a vintage acrylic yarn, it has an actualy worked shaped heel, and a cuff at the top (which will be getting and elastic band.) It's just gathered at the toe end.


In other news, I'm going to do Weight Watchers. I ordered a complete kit thing on ebay, and instead of paying a ton to attend meetings and all that I'm just going to do it myself. Well not myself because my good friend from work is going to do it with me. And another friend might also. We're going to all Weight Watch together, aand work out together a few times a week. My goal is to lose 30 lbs. To the untrained eye, I look good and don't appear overweight. BUT in all seriousness I am. I am almost 10 lbs over the healthy weight for my height. Since I am 5'8" with very large hips, I do conceal my large amount of fat well. BUT I know it's there and I'm not happy. So I'm going to do something about it. I don't feel that anyone should be unhappy with their body, and if they can do something they should, so I am.


Oh and here's a funny thing you might not see very often.

I created this totem which I call "Ode to the Postman"



No really this is three cases of plastic shoebox containers! 72 total. Why? Because they only cost me 6 bucks a case!!!! I bought these a couple weeks ago and they were just in the back of my car all this time. Nick took my car to work today, which I allow him to do because he will fill the tank while he's out, and when I woke up we had brought these all in for me. Everyone was asking me what I was going to do with them. One case is for my Mom. But the other two....


Well here's a brainstorm list:



48 Uses for Plastic Shoeboxes
1. paintbrushes
2.stickers
3. wood scrap for miniatures
4. miniature doo-dads
5. miniature findings
6. paints/stains for miniatures
7.circular knitting needles
8. knitting/crochet doodads (like stitch markers, yarn needles, etc)
9.letters from penpals
10.double point Knitting needles
11.rubberstamps for cards/letters/etc
12.lace bits and bobs
13. sewing thread
14. tiny skeins of handspun
15. small fiber (like silk, camel, etc)
16. dyes
17.scraps of colored wool
18. bead stuff
19. precut atc
20.atc doodads
21.jewelry
22.pictures
23. scissors
24.blank notecards
25. smalls scrap balls of yarn
26.pens
27.markers
28.pencils
29. tape measures
30.tools
31.drill bits
32.dremel stuff
33. largeish paper scraps
34. crochet hooks
35.books to alter
36. incense
37. small candles (though I have so many it would take alot of containers)
38. cds to alter
39.postcards to use
40. embossing powders
41.meltart stuff
42.pearlex
43. wet felting stuff
44.needle felting stuff
45.naalbinding stuff when I get it
46. weaving shuttles and such
47. mr potato head parts
48. those "free take one" patterns and pamphlets (though this would defienently take more then one box.)


I could keep going, but I do only have 48 boxes. I said I could find used for them all!!

And with that I close this post. But later I'll post pictures of my shrug.