A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Hats

In the last two days I have made two hats! I started yesterday to make an earflap style hat, because I REALLY want one. So I started, picked some vintage yarn in great blue colors, and crocheted the night away. Then I looked, it was WAY to small. I guess my guage was off, I never check, and it was kid sized! I finished it anyway. Here's a pic:


It is for sale/trade/barter on the Odd Little Duck page, the link is to the right.












So after that fluke I tried again tonight. I pulled out the wooden hook my fiber godmother sent me, a size L instead of the size J called for, and crocheted all evening. This one fits, is perfect, and I just LOVEEEEEEE it! I think I might make some more. Here's my hat:


They look a lot alike. But really they aren't. Though they have the same yarns, mine uses different width rows of color, has less total stripes, a different trim color, and is well ... bigger.


I still have other projects to upload pictures of. My 4 baby hats, and my amazing shrug. I need help getting a shrug picture. We'll try for that tomorrow night. Now I must depart, to stamp some mail, go to bed, and sleep.