A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Worst Lunch EVER!

Okay, so I haven't posted much since Sunday. Wanna guess why? Apparently while in the Er I picked up a horribbbbbllllleeeeee cold from somebody! I knot it must have been from there because I started feeling sick exactly three days later! (For those that don't know it takes 3 days for most viruses to incubate, and actually show syptoms) and if I had just gotten it from work I would have been sick sooner. So Since Sunday I've been doing nothing but working and sleeping. Isn't that starting to sound like that is just my life and not a irregular thing? I'm feeling slightly better now. I still have a fever, and a sore throat, and the worst congestion and runny nose, and I'm a little naseus, and, ahhh whom I kidding I don't feel any better! So anyway I have a funny story that just has to be told.

Last night despite feeling like crap I couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to our favorite chinese place. We have a chinese place across the street, one down the street not even 1/2 a mile, plus countless others in shopping centers less then 10 minutes from our house. BUT we can't go to any of those. We drive atleast 20 minutes to a nearby mall, to eat at the one in the mall, because, well, it's the best! So yesterday we went there. We ordered our usual (Nick= Honey Sesame Chicken, Me= Orange Chicken which amazing despite my orange allergy doesn't make me sick, and they use real oranges!) and I couldn't even eat half of mine, so I took it for lunch today. That is where our story begins....

So I reheat the food, and begin to eat. Wow! It's even good the second day! Most places serve food that i can't stand to eat the next day, I'm realllllly picky about the texture of my food (especially meat) and usually throw leftover Chinese away. So I eat and I eat. As I reach the middle of my wonderful chicken stash I do my best to sort out the peppers and orange pieces. There are 4 of the super red hot chili peppers, and a misc number of tiny tiny orange pieces (sure it doesn't seem to bother me, BUt there isn't any point in over doing it!) and I continue to eat. Alll the sudden I feel it. My nose is running, my eyes are watering uncontrolably! Before the world became to blurry I looked down, only 3 peppers! My mouth suddenly begins to burn. I am blowing my nose with napkin after napkin, and holding another to wipe my eyes. I can't see straight, the world is spinning, I'm almost bawling, and suddenly I hear it. The door. The door opens and someone I can't even disguise through my tears enters. "That good huh?" Pat, the wonderful, funny lady from the framing counter.

"Nooooooo," I said through tears, blowing my nose, and feeling as though the heat is going to split my chest open "I accidentally ate a hot pepper!!!!"

"Ohhhhh! Well get some water! Get some soda! Eat from Bread!! No no Milk!"
"I don't have any bread or milk." I said gulping water like I spent 5 years in a desert.
I suddenly have a brain wave! Change! I start pulling every cent out of my pocket and pushing it as fast as possible into the vending machine. My vision is so blurred I can't tell a penny from a quarter I just keep shoving it in, and hit it E1. ( Know E1 by heart!) The giant cinnamon roll, the only possible relief.

I continue to blow my nose, pat my eyes dry, and somehow sprouted two extra arms, one to chow down cinnamon bun and one to gulp a drink. Slowly, so slowly, the pain subsides slightly. Not enough to stop my eyes from watering, but enought o get back to my orange chicken.

I spent the rest of my lunch break patting my eyes drys, and feeling the super hot pepper move through my digestive system.

I leave the break room, and feel it, feel the hot pepper creating the first ever in my life case of heart burn.

I walk to the custom framing counter, "I thought you'd like to know I made it. I'm okay now."

She laughs and explains to a nearby customer "She bit into a hot pepper."

"Actually I didn't bite into it, I accidentally ate the whole thing!!"

"Oh My!" You could hear the gasp from her and several customers.

"Oh my God, a whole one!?!?!"





And on a completely different note, I carded some of my fleece today. I still need to try to spin itup, I don't know if I carded it enough. But dah dah dah!!! The debut of my very first rolag: