A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Miscaleanous, Miscelanious, Misceleanious, Misc.

I couldn't resist the urge to use my last packet of Kool-aid on my wool. I grabbed a handful this morning, and shoved it in the pot. I Just LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it! I think you will to:




I can't wait to see how it looks when it's carded and spun!










As I feel better, rest/relax, and look around a few funny hospital memories are coming back to me. The waterbottles tucked in my purse... We bought some water, and every five minutes probably, in my state of painful conciousness I would say "Nick, don't forget to put your empty bottle in my purse, I want to recycle it." Or "What did you do with your bottle? I don't want it to get thrown away." lol Always the environmentalist! And When we got the the hospital and were still in the car, and I looked down and for some reason at some point of sickness while waiting for Nick got a blanket! lol We were in teh car and I looked down and say "Why did I bring a blanket? When did I even grab it?!?!?!" Ahhhhhh the things I do when I'm sick.

As for more pictures here is my ER sock. The cuff is nearing completion.
This is the KnitPicks Simple stripes yarn. This pattern is made by making the cuff in a long strip then fastening the short ends together, then crocheting the actual sock part down from there. The stripes will be going up and down when the sock is finished if that helps you visualize it.









I also plan on trying a cable pattern. I found this one http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTcoronet.html at Knitty, and it says it's a good first time one, so we shall see.


The SP7 http://secretpalseven.blogspot.com is coming up and I am so excited. I also signed up for the Fiber Fairy Godmother at http://www.livejournal.com/community/fibergodmother/ I'm going to try to add some buttons for them on the sidebar sometime soon.

By the way I know there are nicer ways of doing links, but I just don't feel like it right now! But I do have some links plans for the not so distant future. I am going to add a list of current project links (when applicable) to share the link to a pattern I'm using, and a list of blogs I read, which since SP6 seems to be getting ever longer.