A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

It came it came it came it came it came it came it came!

If I wasn't totally in love with fiber arts before. If I didn't have a hopeless love for wool, and all things fiber. I do now! I got my first raw fleece today. I'm so in love!!! I want to buy more!!! More!! More!!! more!! I think I just might spend every dime from now on on raw wool. I LOVEEEEEEEEE It!!! Here's a virtual opening for you:












































The fleece was so stuffed into the box!!! I have NO idea how he managed to get it to fit. After sorting it somewhat I shoved it into a pillowcase! BUT it wouldn't all fit!! It's at least two pillowcase full if not more!!! I took a small handful and am "washing" it. Really I just tossed a handful into hot water in the bathroom sink. But it is just the most beautiful snowy white!


I've spent literally all day (I woke up at about 8:30 and got started right away) making giant chocolate kisses and chocolate lollipops. 8 kisses have been done. I still have about 5 to go. I made these neat little chocolate "trees" for my neighbors. Here's a pic:
Notice the tags coming out of the kisses? I made them on the computer. They just say "Merry Christmas! Love Alicia & Nick" The "trees" are three different sizes for three different households.









I am going to finish this post before it gets to long. I had an amazingly long post eariler and then suddenly my internet messed up, and I lost it all! I don't want to risk it again!

Happy Christmas Eve!!