A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Fiber Godmother!

Fiber Godmother Questionnaire

General Fiber Questions:
What are your fiber-related hobbies? (Knit, Crochet, Spinning, Needlepoint, etc.) - let's see here, spinning (wheel & spindles) crocheting, knitting (a little), needle felting a little, sewing, etc etc

How long? - crocheting-one and off for over 10 years seriously in the past year, spinning since about July?, knitting- I've known how for years and years but I'm not a big fan, needlefelting- just a few months,

Which are you *most* into? - probably crochet and spinning
How would you classify yourself in this craft - beginner, intermediate, advanced? - crochet & spinning intermediate, the others only beginner

What is your current fiber-related obsession? - wool! I just got my first whole raw fleece and I love it!

What are your favorite items to make? - scarves it seems, hats

What are you making right now? - let's see, a shrug has been in progress since summer but I don't think I'll ever finish it. I have 2 pairs of socks or rather 1 of each pair done and 1 of each to come, a throw out of handspun wool for my aunt, a white "bliss" scarf, a new sock (not a match to the others) a lonnnnnggggg work in progress of a detailed shawl in lace weight yarn, another scarf I need to pull out and start over, and I think something else I'm forgetting.

What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? - i do miniatures, candle making, collage (not as much as I used to) and pretty much everything else under the sun.

About the fiber:
Your favorite yarn(s) (brand or type)? - I love Lion brand Homespun, and Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud, well actually KnitPicks everything!

What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? - The classic Red Heart

Is there a yarn you've been dying to try? - Not particularly, I try not to look at fancy expensive yarns to much, to try and prevent yearning.

Are you a fiber snob? - nope

About the tools:Hardwood, Bamboo, Aluminum, Plastic? - I like them all. I love the clinky sound of metal needles when knitting, but wood works well for everything, plastic can be nice but it can also totally suck

For knitters: Straight, DPN or Circular needles? - straight

Favorite gadget? - hummmm fiber related? probably the ball winder. Other then fiber related my Magic Bullet (the kitchen gadget that mixes/blends/chops/etc.etc in seconds)

Anything you've been wanting to try? - making gloves (not mittens), dyeing/carding/spinning mohair, needle felting some more stuff, making a sweater, and tons more, plus I'm actually going to do freeform crochet one of these days (I have a book, but just haven't gotten started)


About you:Do you pamper yourself? Or do you generally come last? - a little of both. I have more fancy bath products then one person really needs, but I would never get a manicure or anything

What does an ideal day off/free hour consist of for you? - checking email and checking in on forum, watching TIVOed crafts shows from the previous week while doing something fibery on the couch.

Are you allergic to anything? - ohhhhhh yeah. oranges, pineapples, rootbeer, spicy scents(like apple cinnamon and suchor something things like "spruce") give me an asthma attack, apparently feathers break me out in hives (found that out at work suddenly) I can't take alot of smoky smells they give me migraines and asthma attacks. None of this shoudl come up in teh swap, just don't send me feathers or candied pineapples! lol

What is your family situation? (Partner, spouse, kids, etc.) - married, no two legged kids yet

Are you owned by any pets? - two cats (Stampy, and Nomie) and a black lab Pup Sunshine.

Your favorite color(s)? - All time ultimate favorite ever? Blue! But I also really love greens, and natural colros like brown. If I am looking to buy something and blue is an option then there are no other options for me, but if thereisn't blue then ...

Any colors you just can't stand? - purple. I absolutely HATE purple. I'm not to fond of pink, but sometimes they manage to mix pink and blue in a suitable item.

What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) - raspberry, anything else berry, my all time ulitmate favorite scent ever is laundry (like "Clean Linen") I just love it! I also love vanilla, sweet pea, cucumber melon, natural scents like "honey" "brown sugar" etc etc

Least favorite? (Maybe you're not "allergic," but it makes you want to die) - orange, and anything spicy ( i don't not like some of them, but try to avoid an asthma attack whenever possible)

How do you feel about candy? - c andy?Where? I want some!!!! Seriously i have a huge "Flour" tin filled with candy, 1 BIg drawer in the kitchen full, and two old fashioned glass candy jars full, plus I try to tuck some in anywhere I can around the house

Any dietary restrictions? - Yes. I have a rule then when I see food I eat it!

Is there anything that you collect? - All things Potato Head (mr. mrs. the kids, books, games, anything) fairies a little, goddesses somewhat, nice vintage trinket boxes/jewelry boxes, junk? does that count? I seem to own abnormally large amount of junk. I also love little candy/mint tins that are shaped like stuff (like my mint tin that looks like a sub sandwich) I seem to collect yarn. I also want to start collecting fancy/old/unique fiber art goodies (like knitting needles, crochet hooks, spoll knitters, etc)

What is your favorite holiday? - Halloween

Do you have an online wish list (e.g. Amazon, Things I Want)? If so, share the link. If nothing else, it will give your Godmother more ideas about your likes/dislikes. - Yeah I do have an amazon one, but I have no idea what the link is. I THINK it coems up if you search my name. I'll give some more info about me though. I LOVE Harry Potter, scarves, jewelry, ponchos, capes, cloaks, yarn, candy, funky anything, anything artsy, old stuff, weird stuff, novelties (I have an 14" long pen!!)I still like cute stuffed animals, I Love Heads, like mannaquin heads, statues of heads, puzzles of weird heads, I like video/computer games (things that are cute mostly) I love sanrio stuff, especially Deery lou, Badtz Maru, and Chococat.I LOVE funky ads/labels/graphics etc Like t-shirts that say funny stuff, or old thigns with neat labels. I pretty much like everything! I don't dislike very much!

Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? - yeha I'm pretty sure
What kind of music do you like? - lots, I'm kidna weird like that. I love "girl" music liek Fiona Apple, Tori Amos, Sarah Mcglaclin ( I know it's spelled wrong) I love anything acoustic. I liek some alternative rock, I love disco/60s/70s music (everything from Stayin Alive to Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix) I also like funk, funk techno, voiceover techno, and stuff like Blondie. I even like odd stuff like polka.

Any special requests in case your Godmother wants to make a CD for you? - Not really, but if you want me to be happy I'd proabably stick with old or acoustic stylings.

Favorite movie(s)? - Empire Records, How to Make and American Quilt, Every Harry Potter out there, Calendar Girls is good, How to Deal, and lots more. But my absolutel favorites are the first three listed.

Any "fan" stuff? (e.g. Firefly, Wonder Woman, etc.) - Yeah Harry Potter, Sanrio, Wonder Women, and more. Those are the main three

Anything we missed? Tell, Tell! I don't think soooooooo. I guess to say I love everythign and dislike littel would be the main point of this seminar. Coming up next I'll tell you how to ace that job interview! (first person to know where that comes from get s a free smile!)