A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Finally

Stupid blogspot. I was posting a while ago, and suddenly the screen said that bloger wouldn't wok on my computer because of my cookie settings! So I worked on my settings and still wouldn't work. So finally i just figured I tried everything, and that the problem must not be with my computer. So I just kept trying to open blogger occasionally, and POW!! Finally I can post again.

So let's see, what do I need to say??????

Well I did order (and am trying to patiently await) a 6.5 lb fleece. I wanted a big one, so they took their biggest one and after skirting it came to 6.5, so that's what I got. It should be coming any day now! Now that I think about it, I can't remember what color it is! I don't know if I ever knew. The price was right so I got one! lol

I also found a vintage kit on ebay for a Miniature store that is no longer available! It's perfect for my little miniature Dreamers! It should also be coming any day! Here's some pictures of the item that the seller sent me.















I recently spun up some great blue yarn. I haven't taken a picture yet, but I'll have to get one and post it, the yarn is just so beautiful!

This year I decided not to decorate for Christmas, so we don't have a tree or anything. I did put up two stockings, and our animated marshmallow man. He's a big Smore, and plays the music to "It's a Marshmallow World" while dancing around a bit. Since we aren't really doing Christmas we opened our gifts already! Nick loves his telescope (which I have a funny story about) and he got me the printer dock for my digital camera! so I can print pictures in a snap!

Now the funny telescope story. So I went to the local BJ's warehouse to get one, but didn't like what they had, so I drove to the mall that has a Discovery store, because I knew they had some also. Some people might now know this, but I don't particularly like driving. I get very uncomfortable, and feel as though everyone else is a horrible driver that is going to try to hit me. Which does somewhat seem to be true, but I drive daily and handle it well. So driving 20 minutes to the mall of all places where I had only driven once (and didn't even drive both ways) and only been to a few times, and was still somewhat uncomfortable with going to, when it was getting dark out, is a big deal. So since I was a little uncomfortable I parked in the same exact parking area that we also do, because it was what I know, and I know where in the mall I'd have to exit to get to that area, etc etc. So I park, in the first park I can find which is about a million miles from the mall. It was a park in almost the very last row of parking spaces, farthest from the mall. So I go into the mall, and realize the store I need is all the way at the other end! So I walk there. I pick a telescope, after getting some help from a guy that worked there, who didn't even just tell me to get the most expensive! And then paid for it. Then he says "Do you want to go around to our back door and pick it up? Or did you want us to hold it until you are done your shopping? Or did you just want to take it now?" Which makes me realize that a telescope such as this isn't a very light thing. It weighs about 20 lbs!! So I asked where the back door is, because being uncomfortable driving I didn't want to drive all over looking for it. Here's pretty much how the conversation went from there:
"Well it can be difficult to find, here (grabs paper) I'll write down the phone number, you can call from your cell, and I'll tell you where to go."
I don't like talking and driving, especially in an area where I am already uncomfortable. But I figure I can get close, call, and not talk whiel actually driving, and so "Oh ok! Thanks! So if I just drive around outside the mall, will I see the door at all?"
To which he says " You just have to go into the parking garage, and then"
I cut in "Parking Garage!?!?! It's in the parking garage!?!?!" Parking garages make me very nervous! I have never had the urge to drive in one, and would probably do anything it would take to never have to. Just riding in a car in a parking garage makes me want to curl into the fetal position!

I look around, contemplate the fact that I am parked at the complete other end of the mall. And ask "Well how heavy is it??"
"Oh it's aaa pretty heavy"
I rock the box a bit. Lie.
"Oh I can handle it. It's not to bad."
At which point I take my receipt, stick it in my bag, pick up the shopping bag that contains the other goodies I bought (a set that included a star map and other stuff, and a dvd set I got real cheap for spending so much) toss the telescope up on my hip, and start the process of lugging it through the mall.
So there I go carrying a 20 lb telescope in a box that's about 3 feet long and not so tiny in the other dimensions, parked on my hip like most people carry a baby, and start walking through the crowded mall. Full grown men eyeballing me like I must either be crazy or amazingly strong to carry this stupid thing. Then exit the mall, and start the long trek to the car. I got to the car and realized I didn't have my keys. My keys are in my purse, which is hanging on my shoulder, with the shopping bag at my wrist, and the same arm holding the giant box on my hip (I had been using the other arm to help support it, and such) so I have to drop the telescope, gently which was diffulcult because my this point i was freezing cold and my hip was numb and brusied from carrying the box, while then remove the shopping bag which is so stuffed onto my arm I literally have red marks 1/2" deep where it was digging into me. THEN get my purse and fumble through the 9 different pockets (thanks for the purse Mom!) until I find my keys. THEN I have to pop the trunk (I drive a scion, so it's like a hatchback style) and I have to hold the telescope with one hand to lean it back while I open the door with the other hand, and try not to have the telescope fall over, or manage to hit everycar around me with the door. Then lift the telescope into the back!

SO finally I finished and went home!! I sure hope Nick knows I love him! Cause I went through A LOT to get him that telescope!! He thinks it's fair because he had to wait like 45 minutes for the people at the store to actually find my gift in the back!


Last night after much struggle I fixed our leaking bathtub faucet! There isn't much more to that story.


Happy Holidays!!