A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Guess what???

Today was a good day. Work went by quickly. And then I came home to a package!!!!! Any day with a package is a great day!

Here's what I got:
All from my secret pal! The stuff is just great!!! The box said Indianapolis. I dunno if i believe it, but time will tell.

She sent me a felted bag!!!! Which looks amazing!!!!

Some yarn, wool, I forget what kind she said Noro maybe?, but she says it felts beautifully. in a beautiful blue.

A Sanrio Hello Kitty wind-up toy. It's a little teapot ride, with sanrio characters in the cups. The cups spin, and the whole thing spins. It's pretty nifty!

Also three types of Hello Kitty candy. One of which I just love for the sole purpose that it says "For sale in Japan only" which just makes it special to me. These candies are only a point or two a piece (for Weight Watchers) so I plan on them being a treat that is worked in whenever I can spare the points.

She also sent some Candy Heart Truffles!! Truffles are a serious fav of mine!!! They are 5 points though, SO I plan on using them as a reward if I keep to my points all week.

Thanks Pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I also just placed a rather large order. Where? At Mielkes! I order several pounds of natural roving, and some dye kits! Each kit dyes about 8 lbs so I ordered two kits, to make sure i have enough. I think I ordered about 5 lbs of roving, plus i have 6 lbs of wool here, plus other roving, so.... I also finally ordered a Niddy Noddy. I plan on buying the skeinwinder for my wheel, but that might be awhile so... I also ordered some stuff I can't mention cause it's secret!

I was going to buy 15 balls of handyed roving on ebay, for $10 a pop!!!, but realized I can get more poundage for less money if I just buy the roving and the dye. And have more fun doing it!!!

I plan on using quite a bit of it myself, but want to also sell some, maybe on etsy? I can hardly wait though.

Oh wait! I didn't explain where this money came from!! I decided to put my loom off a few months. I mean, why make shawls, when Spring is almost here?? The craft show in April is to late for shawl sales. So I plan on buying it in July or so, for stuff for the September show. Sounds a little more shawl like doesn't it? Plus I spent $350 on my wheel, and don't use it nearly as much as I should. I decided I should get more of my $350 out of that, before buying something even more expensive. I don't even have all the accessories for my wheel yet, why buy a whole new something?? I haven't given up the idea of my tri-loom. I still really want it. I really really want it. But this definently seemed like a better idea. I mean why spend my Springtime (and money) on shawls that won't sell until Fall?? One person pointed out that I already had some loom money, I shoudl just keep saving and go for it while I've already started, but I don't even have half. I don't even have a third! After the crazy electric bill, and my hospital bill, I wouldn't be able to get my loom for quite a while anyway! I just plan on saving about $100 a month for my loom, instead of every single dime for the next month.

I also realized that I didn't have enough of any yarn for my loom. I mean I have yarn! Lots of yarn. But not enough of one type/style/color/etc etc to make an actual woven shawl. I would have saved every dime, gotten my loom, and not be able to use it! I would have to wait to go buy more yarn! SO I also plan on buying some yarns for it.

Really I just need to start buying more at a time anyway. I only buy 1 skein. 1 skein of this, 1 skein of that, because I usually make hats and such that only need pne. But now i want to do more. A hat and matching bag. A sweater. A solid shawl instead of a holey lacey one. I'm thinking of buying 10 at a time from now on. Same kind, same color. Ever heard of the yarn club? They sell stuff by the bag at a slight discount. I'd have to calculate if the discount is better then work but it's a thought.

I also worked on my studio some. It's really, really, totally trashed. You can hardly even sit anywhere! I need to make space for a table (for dyeing and large felting scarfs and such) and for my floor loom! And I really would like to have a nice organized place. I want to try to fit a couch in there, but I don't thinkI'll be able to. I think a couch might be a stretch. I've taken a new approace I should have taken long ago. If I don't REALLY want it- toss it. 3 trashbags left yesterday. The problem is that I start out really well, the first bag is full in no time, then as I am in there longer, I start to become more selective, and less and less seems to go into bags. So I'm limiting my time in there. "I'll spend 30 minutes." " I'm not leaving till I have 2 bags of garbage." Hopefully before I die it'll be clean. I'm hoping the end of the month.

I think I've blabbered enough. Bye for the night! Thanks again SP!!