A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Yarn.... What else?

Tonight I carded some of the wool I dyed before. Don't remember it? Well here's a peek again:
















So I carded it. I don't think I am as good at carding as I could be, but what I currently seem to make spins into a great nubby bumpy type of yarn. I did spin a tiny handful of plain wool yesterday, and I love it, but I forgot to take a picture. But I promise it's coming.


So anyway here's the two rolags/batts I made:


Which reminds me I want to come up with another name to call my rolags/batts. I dunno what, something fun, funky, funny?, and artsy sounding.






Wondering what I plan to do with them? Well I plan to spin them into thick singles, then knit them into a basic ribbed cuff style wristband. For whom? The person I drew as a secret santa at work. We are having our holiday party this Sunday( I dunno if I'm going or not) because we had Inventory in Dec, plus work in retail, so we decided to wait until everyone would be less stressed to have the party. So anyway I gotta go spin that wool, and then knit it, and hopefully finish before noon tomorrow. (So I can take it to work and leave it for my person incase I don't go Sunday they have it to open at the party) I just hope these two rolags make enough yarn. I'm always horrible at guesstimating the amount of wool/roving/yarn I need for a project.