A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Vacation

I didn't post about it, because I didn't think it was a good idea to announce our house would be empty, but we went on vacation this week. We went to South Carolina where we grew up to see my family, and our old friends. We went to Alcolu, a town so small even people a county over may not have heard of it. There wasn't alot to see or do. Mostly we ate at restuarants that we don't have locally. I took three pictures, though I did mean to take more. I took a picture of a restaurant menu, and two pictures of my old friend. He was the Man of Honor at our wedding. Meaning that he was my maid of honor, and my only "bridesmaid." We also found out that after years of common law marriage (wether they knew it or not they were) my uncle and his girlfriend got married today. We were already home by that point, but unless something happened they are married right now. They don't need anything, but I am crocheting them some dishclothes anyway.

I got to see the kids my mom is a nanny for, and my old girls Abby, and Victoria. Who I forgot my camera and couldn't get pictures off. They have a rather complicated story that I won't post, but we (my mom and I) used to be a nanny to them, (mostly Abby cause she was young, and Victoria occasionally after school) and man did I love that girl (Abby since I rarely saw Victoria) We watched her from 9 months to like 2 years, seeing her pretty much every day. She was my girl. Then because of some very stupid reasons, and one crazy woman, we didn't watch them anymore. I haven't seen her since, until this Wednesday. She 4 now. Tall and thin as ever. Abby broke my heart, and didn't want me to leave. I am planning on creating little care packages for them (Abby and Victoria) occasionally (like once a month or so) with little stickers, fake tattoos, candy, that sorta stuff, just to let me know i'm thinking about them.

Anyway dinner should be ready any second now, so I'm going to post a picture of Chris. My Man of Honor. He says if he ever gets married I have to return the favor and be his "Best Lady"



Chris if your crappy internet stays connected long enough for you to view my page, I want you to know I love you. It means so much to me to know that you are the only one that kept in touch with me after I left school, and the only person who really seemed to care when I did. Sometimes when I think about how big the posse was when I was in school, and I realize that now I only talk to you (and not nearly as much as I should) I get upset, then I say "well atleast I still have Chris."


Oh an before I forgot, my best friend from highschool is getting married in December. I doubt she'll read this (we haven't spoken for probably six years, we lost touch after I left school), but I wish her the very very best. She never knew how envious of her I always was.