A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Roving & SP6 package

Today was a good mail day! A package from my Secret Pal and 5+ lbs of roving. You know what funny a five lb box of rovng feels much lighter then a 5 lb bag of sugar even though they are the same weight. Okay so I'll do roving first. I got 1 b each of cotton, and two types of wool, all natural colored so I can try some dying, and make some natural colored stuff also. I also got 2 lbs of dark brown pencil roving. It's for a blanket for my aunt. I can't decide now that I see it in person if I will actually spin it, or use it as is for a bulky texture. Probably spin it for strength more then anything. Here's a picture of my roving:

















The pencil roving comes in wheels or "cheeses" here's a picture of what one cheese looks like:






I LOVE the smell of wool. I could just smell it all day I think.






I almost forgot (until I looked up and saw it sitting there) I also ordered some "Carpet Warp" from Mielkes. I got colonial green to try and make some placements or coasters or something with my weaving loom. Here's a picture of that:

















Okay on to my suprise goodies: My secret pal sent me a great assortment of stuff here's a picture:

The package included:
A Halloween cookbook

Brittant Knitting Needles in size 6- which are beautiful!

two pencils with erasers attached, one is a peach sign theme the other a hippy style flower

Solid Bubble Bath- Chamomile Bergamot scent- which is so great smelling

A shiny qauzy fabric barg with beautiful beaded fringe and a great pair of earrings inside. The earrings are silver stars and little crystals. Very beautiiiiiful. I took a pictrue of the earrings seperatly, but it didn't turn out very good and it would be an insult to these earrings (and my pal) to post such a horrible picture.

Takumi size 11 knittin needles with great polymer clay ends.

Tie Dye swanky hankies. (Little pocket tissues with a design on them) Which reminds me of folding laundry yesterday. lol I swear it went like this- blue shirt, tie dye blue shirt, blue tank top, tie dye t-shirt, blue tie dye tank top, blue shirt.... lol

and the book " The Portable Crafter: Crochet" which had me in awe as I flipped through the pages!

Now to go clean the kitchen and then see if I can make something creepy outta my halloween cookbook to feed Nick when he gets home!

To my pal- You are the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Edited about 4 hours later to add:
I realized I forgot to add the picture of my Carpet Warp yarn. Also after I posted I cleaned up the kitchen, ate lunch and then spun. I already spun and plyed two cheeses worth of pencil roving!!!!! I LOVE this stuff!