A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Monday, September 19, 2005

An amazing Weekend

I can't remember if I explain why my parents were here or not. So I'll sum it up real fast. My Aunt moved to Hawaii when I was just an infant and her family only makes it back every few years. Well her, two of her sons, and her husband came up for two weeks. So the entire family put together another reunion to have so they could see everyone. The last time they came up and we were able to come also my one cousin was 10. I was 13. When I was laying on the couch he layed beside me comfortably and we took a quick nap.

Things have changed!!!!! This time when I hugged him I had to stand on my tippy toes (and I'm 5'8") and he picked me up off the ground!! I can't believe how big he is now!

It's so crazy that you know you get older but you can't picture other people doing the same. I knew I'm not 13 anymore but totally felt like he would still be 10 lol.

He isn't the only one that has grown. My cousin came and brought her three sons. The old isn't far from 18!! I remember him being about 4 and eating a gigantic amount of pizza! Her boys were the absolute best boys I've ever seen. They were come to the table and ask us if anyone wanted anything. She asked them to bring her a soda, and I jokingly said "me to" and they did!! Her middle son fized everyone snowcones. Her one son even brough her a plate of cookies just because!! I've never see boys be so caring and willing to fetch stuff. And these weren't kids who were young and had to help mom, they were about 12 and 14 I think. I felt so bad, all day everyone was saying her middle son Josh was Justin the youngest, even when they were standing side by side!! No one could remember there was a middle kid named Josh! Poor guy.

So I was able to see people I haven't seen in years! One cousin I don't think I've ever met, but he swears I did. I think he is mistaking me though because the year and info he used doesn't match up for it to have been me. People say my family has a strong resembelance. I've looked at pictures and thought my one younger cousin was me and looked further to see me standing elsewhere in the picture! So I think he is confused.

It was great. We had crabs, which is special to us. When my grandfather was alive he would go and buy bushels of crabs, then the whole family would eat crabs together. And I don't have a little family. My mom has 9 living brother and sisters! Most of them have about 3-4 kids! So we all ate crabs and tons of other foods, and had a good time.

I also went to church with my Mennanite cousins. It was neat. I've been wanting to go for years just to see what it was like, and I liked it. I'd never convert to their religion, but it was okay for the hour.

Also I just got a package from my secret pal! I'll have to take picture later, my camera is full of picture from the reunion and I have to upload all of them first. Bu the package includes: Holllllllllyyy Moley!! I started to open the package after I typed "It includes, and I can't believe how much was inside! It has:

Easy Crochet magazine- I was just looking at this exact issue at the book store and was about to get it!!

Some post-its that are quote balloon shaped that say "FYI It's not my fault!" Love these. From now on if stuff breaks at teh house I'll put on of these on it to tell my husband to fix it!

4 skiens of Sugar N Cream Cotton yarn! My personal favorite of everyday yarns. I got 2 whites, a lime green, and a great sagey green color that I haven't seen at the local store!

A size H Skacel Crochet hook- which looks like it's going to be just lovely to use!

A pack of Benjamin Twiggs Cherry Bing Tea (10 tea bags) and a Dove candy bar in the same bag!

4 skiens of the Rusty Red Fuzzy Fur yarn from Target!

A skein of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in a nice natural color.

1 skein of Berroco Foilage in a great green color!

A Sterling Mini Ballpoint Pen- it's black and white and feel liks a perfect weight for good writing. Did I mention that I love office supplies on my blog?! I LOVE pens and such!

and

A wonderful little unique journal!

She put alot of the stuff in clear cellaphane bags and tied it with silver star sparkling wire garland stuff. Which is neat because I don't think i said anything but I love celestial stuff, and prefer silver to gold.

This one package is more then I expected to get total and she says she has more for me! I must have the best secret pal in the whole wide world. I am so in shock to have recieved all these great things!


I think this post is getting long enough so even though I could go on and one about the reunion and my great pal I'm going to finish it up.

Oh one more thing- I got book 1 and 2 of Harry Potter this weekend!