A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Various Things

There isn't a whole lot new going on with me. I crocheted a sock. It's the ugliest thing I've ever seen. I used some vintage yarn my Mom gave me in a weird Plum shade. Nothing like crocheting a sock to realize exactly how gigantic your feet are. I don't even want to maek the matching sock because the first one is just so ugly, but unless I make another the first one is useless. The sock itself is okay I think it's the yarn I used and my gigantic feet that make it no look so good. I picked the plum color because it was the right weight and I had no idea of what else I would ever use that color for, so I decided it was worth a shot for my sock. If it turned out badly what would I be missing? One skien of yarn in an odd color. I'll have to post a picture of it sometime.

The only other thing is that one of my cousins may come to stay with us. But there is nothing certain about it. Nick and I doubt it will happen, but the offer has been put on the table. I don't even think the chances are as good as 50/50 that it will happen. But I guess we shall see.

And in crochet "news" I am in desperate need of a project. While I have stacks and stacks of patterns I've printed out I just can't seem to pick one to make. I'll find one I'm sure. Maybe I'll just pick up a hook and some yarn and make something up.


Oh and here's two things about me for my SP:
1) My favorite painter is Monet. I got to see one of his paintings at a museum once. Don't tell but I broke the rules and took a picture.

2) I love scarfs and sashs.