A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Friday, September 16, 2005

While I wait I'll...

I seem to be on a neverending hold. I was told at 5:36 that I had a wait time of 27 minutes and that if I am not answered byt eh time they close at 6 to call back!!! They don't even have the curtisy to take a message and call me back!! I have to wait half an hour, then possibly call back and probably wait another half hour!! So while I wait I decided to check my email and post here.

My parents are here. They (and my brother) arrived at about 8:15 or so this morning and driving all night. Turns out that they had to take an extra 5 hour trip to pick up my brother because he no more then left the house to meet them and his car started acting up, so he turned and went home. But they are here now. I spent the day showing my Mom all the stuff I made and trying to convince her to scrapbook, then also spun some of the best yarn while everyone napped. After my DH gets back from his bike ride we are going to Johny Rockets, a 50's style diner.

What else is new you ask? Absolutely nothing! I may be crocheting socks soon. My Secret Pal emailed me a link to a great sock pattern and said I may be getting the stuff to make it in my goody box. I might be making it sooner then that, but I guess I should wait and see what she sent my way instead.

Did I mention that my Mom brought me boxes and boxes of yarn? they have a big conversion van, and most of it was boxes of yarn. She also gave me a ballwinder that i was in desperate need of! It was so fast to ball the yarn I spun! Now I just have to sort through, see exactly what she brought me, figure out where i am going to store it, how I am going to organize it, and actually try to make stuff with it. Most of it seems to be acyrlic worsted weight, and most of what I have touched so far is a little scratchy, so I'll be using it for hats and purses and such. There is one whole box of off white "natural" colored skeins, I might try kool-aid dying one or two skiens to see exactly what happens. I dunno if you can even dye acrylic, but with a whole box why not give it a shot?

I am so excited about my wonderful secret pal. I am already just dieing to know who it is.

Oh before I forget here are two more things about me that my pal may want to know:

I Love theme restaurants!

My ultimate ever favorite singer is Fiona Apple, I have every CD of hers.