A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Knitting? Maybe

I think I might start knitting. I've done it before and never liked it because it worked up so much slower then crochet, I liked everything about it except that it was slowwwwwwwwwwwww. But now I kinda figure:
1) I already have/buy/spin yarn

2) I am always working on more then one project, no reason why I can't have a slow working knitting project and some fast going crochet projects all at once.

3) If I knit and crochet I can make everything!! (evil laugh) There won't be a pattern out there that I couldn't make.

4) I'm soooooooooo sick of website, catalogs, yarn companies, and more that only seem to have knitting patterns. Don't they know that
a) crochet is the big thing now, even famous designers are doing it
b) for every 1 knitter there are 3 crocheters
c) crocheters like fancy yarns to?
so while me knitting won't change that at least I'd be able to do all the neat patterns they create.

5) Why not? I already work with yarn?

So now I just need to buy some needles. Next time we go to target I'll probably grab some of the needles in their dollar section. They probably aren't the best needles, but they are aluminum so they can't be that bad. Plus for $1 if i decide not to knit again it's no big deal. I think after all this is said and done, I'll probably crochet more then knitting, but there is no harm in doing both.