A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Caution: Photo Intensive!!

Here's a photo style update of my life recently! Please keep in Mind that like the rest of my life these are in no particular order.

First the flower by the window. Lately my neighbor and I have conversed a few times, and we've talked about yards and weeds among other things, which brought to my attention that two of my hedges were dead, with one living one in the middle oddly enough, and behind these hedges was a giant weed. So I went closer to investigate and decided I didn't think it was a weed. It's a good thing I didn't pull it up! Look what grows on it!


I don't know flowers very well, despite the fact that I run the floral department at work! but think it is either a peony, or a cabbage rose? It smells BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Yesterday when conversing with my neighbor again I looked up and saw it! The most beautiful flower near my window!


I've been making a lot of jewelry lately. Here's some proof:




I recently outgrew my plastic shoebox styles container I was using for some of my beading supplies. Essentially I have to be able to keep my bveads that we DO sell at work apart from those that we DON'T, because of my classes, and samples and whatnot. So I was keeping all my work does have stuff in the shoebox, and all my other stuff in a seperate system. But since i outgrew my shoebox I made Nick (read- I used his deibt card and told him he bought me a present) buy me this! It contains tons of pockets and such, plus 84 (or was it 87?) compartments with EZYLock! You have to push a button AND open the lid for it to open, each compartment opens individually, and they won't come open in transport or accidentally get your beads all mixed together in one weird glob.

I'm figuring I'll add some of my other beads that work doesn't have, all in seperate orgainzers from works does have ones, then just label them. So If I am going to class I justtake out the non work ones, and if I'm working on soemthing I can still have everything with me work or nonwork.


Here's the yarn I was dyeing last week. Well some of it anyway. It wasn't exactly whats I was going for but.... I think I might use it to make a bathmat instead of selling it.


And you know how in books the writer/artist alway shas this amazing clean studio?? Well this is what mine looks like:


I think I better wait awhile to write a book. The table is a new development. It's been in the upstairs extra bedroom since we moved in, andI've always wanted to move it down, but just did it this morning. Once the rest of the studio is clean, the table will really pull it all together!

My Mom realized recently that she didn't get a picture of the quilt she made us, so I took one to uploadfor her. Here it is:


We sleep with a lot of stuff on the bed, and never make it, so I just spread the quilt out over top of everything. Sorry for the lumps.

What do you make with just one skein of yarn? Well I always had a few ideas but I have a lot more thanks to Valerie! My Fiber Goddaughter turned the tables and sent me this great book as a thank you for spoiling her!



Recently I FINALLY got something I've been wanting for a long time. A Franklin Covey planner!! It's like the generic kind with undated pages and such, but hey I like it! All that matters to me is that it is a REAL F.C. and that I like it.




Last week Nick suprised me with flowers. I didn't get a picture until just now, but they really were lovely. The roses are already drying up, so I ripped the heads off and dumped them in a bowl, I plan on adding them to some soap. The daisy ones are still going though.


And just for kicks here's a funny Sunshine Pic: