A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Four meme and all that other update stuff

I was reading Creature Comforts (http://www.creature_comforts.typepad.com/) and she tagged anyone that hadn't been tagged yet, and wanted to be so... Oh and she added a few questions too.

Four Jobs I've Had: I've had 9, but here's just 4 of them
- Subway Sandwich Artist
-Hotel Housekeeper
-College IT Assistant
-Video Game Advisor (I worked in a game shop)

Four Sites I Check Daily:
Hummmmmmmm daily?
- yahoo mail
-my msn mail
-my 60+ yahoo groups (usually I do 3-4 a day not all of them every day)
- i dunno, my sites tend to change daily

-Four Places I've Lived:
I haven't moved that much but I think I have four:
- Penns.
- SOuth Carolina
- Virginia
-Maryland

Four Places I've Holidayed:
I've never hardly been on a real vacation. The closest I've come is traveling in an RV for a week to get to my Grandmothers, making cool stops along the way. Usually for "vacation" we always go see family.
- Maryland (before I lived here)
- Florida
- South Carolina (after i moved away)
- North Carolina (one of our RV stops)

Four Places I'd Rather Be Now:
- Nowhere, I'm happy where I am I suppose
- Although I would love to move to the UK.

Four Films I Could Watch Over and Over Again:
- Empire Records
- How to Make an American Quilt
- How to Deal
- 13 Going on 30 (or whatever it's called)
- Oh WAIT Harry Potter 1-4!!! I watch atleast 1 a week.

Four TV Shows I Love:
- The Simpsons
- Family Guy
- Creature Comforts (a british show using claymation to interview animals, it's hilarious!!! If you haven't already watch it!!!)
- Roseanne ( i even tivo it!)

Four of My Favorite Dishes:
-Pasta anything
-My dads hamburgers
- tuna salad
- popcorn- it's a meal if you eat it like one!

Four Magazines I Love:
I subsribe to over 30 magazines (yea no joke!) so this is tough!
- Spin Off
-Dollhouse Minatures
- I can't remember the rest

Four Products I Can't Live Without:
- A slotted spoon- I use my slotted spoon more then anything when I cook
- my Louet
- roving/fiber/yarn
- my computer
Four Words That Describe Me Best:
- crazy
-goofy
- weird
-talkative

Four Things You Didn't Know About Me Until Now:
- At work they call me "Bubble Girl" because I am both afraid off, and allergic to almost everything.

- I was born in Maryland, and then 21 years later moved back to a town only 45 minutes away from where I was born.

- Almost every day of my life I've slept with a white soft blanket named "Fuzzy." Even today it shares a bed with my husband and I. It's isn't like a baby blanket or anything, it's a full sized bed blanket, but I just like to cuddle it. I've had it so long I can't sleep without it. A friend of mine is highschool used to always call me Fuzzy Wuzzy (and sing the song constantly) because of it.

- I once was addicted to milk, I was up to a gallon every 1.5-2 days, plus the milk I drank when eating out. That's where this extra 30 lbs came from.

So I dunno who to tag, I dunno who reads this. So if you want to be tagged, TAG your it!



Wow this whole post is taking me forever. I saved it as a draft and am now on day two of typing it up!!

I can't believe I have a whole week to catch up on! I hope I don't forget to say anything. I'll just go through the week.

Saturday last week we went on a quest for "Color in Spinning" two weeks ago (now anyway) I saw it and passed it up, then I was no more then home and decided I made a big mistake! I HAD to have it! So this past weekend we went to get it. We decided we would go to the nearby town to our favorite burger joint and then to bookstore in the same shopping center to get the book, finish off with a little DQ, and be back home in about an hour. That didn't work. We went to the bookstore and they didn't have it. So we had to go to the bookstore in the next shopping center (yes they are literally that close together) and that bookstore didn't have it! So they called the bookstore where I originally found it, the store that is about 30 minutes from that store, and they DID still have one copy left. They were holding it for me. So what did we do? Well at about 9:30 at night we headed to get it! We got there, looked around a bit, then got back home at about 11. We drove around two counties to get that book. But boy was it worth it!!!! I was up until 4 am just looking at it and reading pieces of it! If you don't have it I really recommend getting it.

So after being up late I woke up about 11 the next day to go to my very first Fiber Club/Spinning Guild. They are an unoffical guild with no dues or agenda, you just go and work on stuff. And it was GREAT! I had a good time and plan on going again. It's every month. There were about a dozen ladies there. Most were spinning, and they had some nice wheels!!! The hostess of the group and her husband own a small business of spinning supplies and handdyed rovings and such. They even have a Golding wheel!!!!! I didn't get to see it this trip, but next time they are going to give me a tour of the house so I can see all that they have. I plan on swinging in this weekend to buy some rovings, and may help them fire up the dye pots. When I was talking about my book quest they invited me to come help! I still need to email her about it. After I got home from that I had a slight headache, that quickly turned into a migraine. So I went to bed.

Monday I woke up and it still hurt some, so I called in late to work. Nothing else really happened Monday that I remember.

Tuesday I got some packages! My Mielke's Order came.














And I got my Gifty Swap! My swap partner was Samantha over at Plump Pudding, http://plump-pudding.typepad.com/ She sews and sent me some great sewn stuff.

She sent a needle/hookcase (shown rolled up) a sewing needle case, the brown/white/pink/gray thing opens to flannel pages for my needles, a tape measure, and the thing with yellow trim in a klennex holder, it holds those small things of kleneex.
















A Knitting Needles/Crochet hook case













A nifty tape measure!


















And while i totally love that stuff I'm just so thrilled with her for fining my favorite candy! She lives in Wales, and I am just in love with a lolly they have over there. She contacted me to see if she could get anything for me and I said those! I used to have a penpal/swapper friend in Wales and she would send me candy, she sent me these and Ijust love them! I've been craving them, and dreaming of them, but didn't have a way to get any. So I was just thrilled then Samantha got me some, and apparently it wasn't easy. She said the package was delayed while she found some. They're called drumsticks and they are chewy instead of hard. They are creamy flavors, she sent Raspberry n Cream. They are just the best candy I've ever had. I have the worst sweet tooth. I've never left the east coast, but have had candy from 8 countries!



SO thanks Samantha!!!!! I love it all!!!






On another note, Samantha has two of the cutest boys! You should check out her blog to read about them, and read about her too of course! She sells her handsewn stuff, I'm not sure if she regularly sells to the US or not, but she has great stuff!


Now for the rest of my week. Weds nothing happened that I remember. I had another migraine and mostly rested all night.

Thursday was pretty boring also. BUT I found the funniest cutest candy! Check this out! This is a whopping big candy too, bigger then a Quarter Pounder real burger! Not heavy cause it's marshmallow, but big! It just so much like a burger to. The powder sugar on the buns look like the flour does on real buns. Then they made icing sesame seeds. It's really neat. Really Big in calories too! 412 calories! 97 carbs! 8 points!!! I figure I will cut it in fourths, then each fourth is only 2 points, not to bad.

I plan on taking some to my parents if/when I visit.





I also bought two cross stitch kits yesterday, I've had the urge to cross stitch, I know it will only get worse, so I figured I better buy soemthing now, buy a cheap one or two kits, before the urge is so bad I just buy the first kit I love and pay a fortune for it. I got home and was about to start one when I realized I dont' have a hoop! So I'm going to buy one at work tonight.

I also bought a "Hexagon Lap Loom" it's the plastic thing that you weave small shapes with. The finished product has like a flower pattern to it. I have some ideas for stuff to sell using it. It's kinda hard to explain. I'll upload a few pictures later or tomorrow or something.


And that's pretty much my week! Now you're all caught up, so I'll end this post, finally!