A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

SP6 Questionnaire

Here's is my answers to the sp6 questionnarie. I hope this helps my secret pal, and i hope it doesn't get buried in other posts before she is able to read it.

I edited this quite a while later (abotu a week I think it's been) to add to some of my answers, and get the titles for a few things.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I am somewhat. I love the fancy stuff and but it whenever I can, but Lion brand is one of my favorite brands. I do however rarely ever use red heart, just because it is so scratchy. I'll usually buy the TLC if I need "the regular stuff"

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I do spin, and I only crochet, I don't knit.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I do have a few scents allergies, the trick is for me to stay away from anything spicy scented. I'm also allergic to smoke, but it shouldn't affect me if my yarn smells like it, though I would prefer if it didn't.

4. How long have you been knitting? Umm never. I crochet, I've been rocheting on an off most since I was about, but been taking it seriously sicen about March.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No not yet, but I suppose I ccould create one.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) The Clean Linen/Cotton smell. I also love berry smells, any fruity smells, and "hippy" natural smells like frankincense, patchouli, myrrh, etc

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Oh yes, the worst you've ever seen!!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Scrapbooking, a little bit of stamping, I make candles sometimes, I sew, I make clothes, I do pretty much everything.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like alternative, acoustic, female artists (cool ones like macy gray, fiona apple, tori amos, etc) I also like disco, and various musci fromt eh 60's-70's including Jimi and Janis. And yes I can play mp3s

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I LOVE blue, all shades. I also like natural colors, greens, olives, browns. I liek teal, turquoise, and so many more. I like pretty much all colors except I HATE purple, and dislike pink.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married, it'll be 2 yars October 19th, and no kids yet, but we do have two cats and a rotten horrible dog.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) I want to own a store. It's a cool hippy store that sells herbs, incense, cool clothes, handmade soaps, ren fair supplies, and alot more. But that a long term thing, my dream right now is to get my design business going.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love them all I think. I use alot of the 100% cotton sugar n cream, and I love the fancy stuff to. I love the Lion Homespun. I pretty much use everything.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? None really, I don't much care for the scratchy Red Heart and similiar stuch stuff, but still use it occasionally.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? My current crochet obsession is to make thin belt/scarf dealies. I make them about 1-2 inches thick out of various fancy yarns then they can be worn like a tie belt, a scarf, a tie, a hippy style headband, and more. I am also obsessing about the idea of crocheting a sweater and some socks. I'm really obsessed with the yarn that is made from recycled silk saris, I managed ot get a lot of 21 on ebay and use it constantly.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? The belt things, hats I make a ton of hats, and am getting into purses.

17. What are you knitting right now? I am crocheting a shrug for a pattern test program.

18. What do you think about ponchos? I LOVE them, I even wore them before they were cool.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Well crochet needles only come in straights so...

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Anything but plastic, I've yet to fine a plastic hook that moved smoothly. I'm also really dieing for these ones that are made out of silver from the Celtic Swan Forge

21. Are you a sock knitter?Nope, I'll never be a sock knitter, but someday I may crochet a pair.

22. How did you learn to knit? I learned to crochet years ago, when I was about 12-13 and I begged my mom to teach me how. I wanted to make a granny square afghan, she managed to make the entire thing before I finished my first square. No matter what I do it is impossible for me to make a granny square that is actually square!

23. How old is your oldest UFO? UFO what UFO? Why would i have an alien spacecraft just hanging around?

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Favorite animated character? hummm Probably one of the Simpsons, or someone from Family Guy (stewie) or a King of the Hill cast member, I also like bubbles from the Power Puff girls, and I think that's it. My favorite animals are cats, dogs, ferrets, sheep (since I started spinning I've just been so in love with sheep) dolpins, manatees, whales, I think I like them all.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Yeah sure there is just a thing or two. Mr Potato Head (and Mrs, and the kiddos,) coins from foreign contries, Fairies somewhat, and I think I'm forgetting some stuff, I'll post it later.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Crochet magazines- none yet, other magazines 20+ varies ones. I haven't found a crochet magazine that I'd like to subscribe to. I only make wearble art, and nothing really cutesy, and the main things in magazine don't fit those two ideas. I do subscribe to Spin Off, but want to subscribe to Fiberarts, and wouldn't mind getting handwoven.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Series of Unfortunate Events book 6 and up, The Girls in Pants book 2 and 3, and I want to start reading Harry Potter (I suppose this is the main one) So I need book 1 of that. And the second book in the series about the yarn shop, I can't remember the name of it either, A Good Yarn maybe?

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? No not that I know of.



And on a completely different note I am no longer allowing comments on the site. I am getting ad after ad and it is just driving me crazy!! So I disabled them and am going to find a guestbook or something that I can edit a little easier. While I am editing this let me add that I did get a guest book, it's in the right hand margin below the links above the previous post list.