A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Today Nick, my husband for those who don't know already, and I went out for some us time. We saw Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo, then bought some new books, went to dinner, and tried to get me to the yarn store, but they close at 6 and we got there at 6:03. I need to get this one particular yarn for my new crochet-along, which I am really excited to be doing, once I can actually get started.

So the movie was good. Sentimental in an odd way because our first kiss was in Deuce Bigalow 1, and here we are years later, married, seeing the second one.

At the book store I got the Purpose Driven Life, something I've been curious about, The Secret Lives of Bees, and The Notebook. Nick got (I was actually going to get it but when I saw him pick it up I decided to let him think it was his idea) a dragon book called Eragon. I wanted to get the first Harry Potter book and try to get started on that whole series, but I didn't make it that far before I already had an arm load full.

After we tried to go to the yarn store we got dinner. Then went to Target. I had completely forgotton at that point the fact that I read somewhere that had some yarn and knitting stuff now in the dollar days section. Everything was a dollar. It was the first thing we saw when we walked in the door. They had a few crochet hooks, one that looked like straight up crap. I wouldn't pay a quarter for them. They were really cheap looking bamboo, cheaper looking then cheap bamboo skewers, then dyed with blue to bring out the horrible condition of the wood I suppose. They did have metal, decent looking I suppose But I'm not a knitter, knitting needles, each paid in a plastic tube, and ever pair no matter what size the exact shade of green. The yarn took up most of the section. They had regular worsted weight, and some fancier stuff. All in all you could probably find a better deal elsewhere, but I loved some of the colors and textures so I just had to buy some. Here's what I got:

From top to bottom the details are-
tan boucle 1.7 oz 90 yards
a bright boucle, same oz and length
a lime-lemon green yellow boucle, same specs
a blueish-green color "funky fringe" 1 oz, 90 yards
a funky red/orange/rusty colored "fuzzy fur" .4 oz 65 yards

The boucles are a decent amount of yarn, the fuzzy stuff is only a tiny amount. I figure for $1 I can make a decent skinny scarf. Lately I've been in love with skinny scarves that are only abut 1-2" wide so they can be worn as a scarf, a belt, a hippy style headband, or any other number of ways. So for $5 I can make 5 of them. Or combine all 5 and make 1 very mix-matched larger item.

And that is the sum up of my day. If you blogged about your day today, I'd love to read it, just post the link in the comments section.