A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Here's some picture of my new wheel which I love!!
Here's the yarn I am spinning right now on it. When I first got my wheel I did about a yard worth of roving on the one bobbin to get use to my wheel. It's the purpleish blueish bobbin on the lazy kate in the wheel picture. This yarn is my first attempt to make actual yarn with the wheel.

And 1 more picture. The last week (!!) I've been making this one hat. I LOVE this hat. I LOVE the yarn it was made out of. I'm just to used to finished a project the same day I started it. This hat is one of my longest running projects. And it is finally finished!! Even done shaping, and came of the mannaquin head today! The debut of my new hat, and it's has to be mine because there is no way I am going to sell it:


I used "Marble" yarn, which was a marl yarn where two colors are plyed together, then the gentle color changes in the yarn made the stripes of the hat. $5 a skien and worth every penny. One skien made this whole hat (which is very tight sc) and has enough left over to make atleast a choker or flower pin.

I just quit my job Saturday, so there will be more spinning, crocheting, and fiber stuff in my future for a few weeks.

Nick is going to help me take pictures of my ponchos and shawls tonight, then I hope to get them uploaded on here tonight or tomorrow. I'm going to model them to show how they drape, and he's going to snap a photo which will conveinently cut my head out. I have atleast 3 ponchos, and atleast 1 shawl for sale, then I have 1 shawl that isn't for sale.

And this is completely off the subject but last night I made roasted chicken for dinner, and for the first time ever in life I made gravy. And that a gravy it was!!! It was the best gravy I ever had. I guess I'm just a natural. Now I have to go try not to think about what I am doing while I pull all the remaining meat of the bones fo the chicken in the fridge to make stew. If you know me you know I can't stand even looking at meat that is on the bone.