A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Okay, so I think I am going to do the contest because I really need to start building a website, making business cards, and such, but I can't do anything until I have a name. So here's the deal, I am going to describe my business as it is now and what it will be, and I want everyone to try to come up with a cool name for it. If I pick the name you come up with then you can pick any item for free. I'll be posting more pictures in the meantime of available products. You can list more then one idea, list as many as you want, just post it in the comments section.

So here's all the details:
My name is Alicia Simon if you want to work that in somehow. I want the name to be sassy, bold, fun, funky, etc. Right now I crochet items (purses, hats, ponchos, capelets, scarves, etc) and am going to shortly start sewing items as well (all sorts of things like shirts, pants, skirts, purses, etc.) About 99% of the stuff I make is from my own patterns and in fancy yarn, so it isn't just regular, old, basic, acrylic yarn, stuff. Eventually I am getting a weaving loom and will be selling woven items as well. I also make jewelry. So I pretty much make all things wearable. If you can wear it (or carry it in the case of a purse) then I make it, and if you can't wear it I don't. The main problem I am having is finding a name that isn't specific to a craft, like I can easily come up with names for a crochet business or sewing business, but I do both. If you need more info or have a question just let me know.

So any ideas?