A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Monday, August 15, 2005



Today was a great mail day. I got 2 pounds worth of various fibers that I won on ebay. Aren't they beautiful?!?! They are from Jehovah Jireh Farm, who I will be adding to my links section. The blue blue one is Summer Sky. The pale green and pink combo is "Dinner Mints" and is part golden retriever! The purple, red, and pink combo is City Lights. The tealish combo is Mountain Stream. The red and yellow combo is a sample they sent of Ketchup and Mustard. I can't wait to spin all of these.

I also got a batch of hooks. 21 various hooks in different sizes from an eBay auction. The hooks aren't anything special or fancy, just regular old metal hooks.

I also took pictures of my various completed items that are for sale. I'm going to try to add 1 or 2 items a day until they are all up. Here's the first one:

This is an enlarged amulet bag, or small purse. It's about 3-4"x4-5" and is made out of recycled silk. The yarn is made in the Himilayas from the mill ends of silk saris. The sari pieces are spun together to make a unique yarn. No two of the yarns are ever the same. The strap on the bag is long enough to carry it as a purse. The bag itself is big enough to hold maybe some keys, some cash, and a few other small items for a day out. It's $15 which includes shipping to anywhere in the US.