A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I just did my first plyed skein last night. I had a bit of a hard time with breakage and it ended up as a somewhat small skien. It's about sport weight at 14 wpi. This is only my third whole skien. Before this skien I did two skiens of single plys, and a few tiny skien with sample rovings.
I'm pretty proud of it. It's about enough for a skinny scarf if I do it very loosely, or maybe a small bag.


Here is a skien of single ply left over after I plyed what I could together.


Here are my first two skiens, the solid green was my first skein and I was going for a loopy funky novelty yarn, the multi-color is my second skien.