A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Friday, August 19, 2005

The last two or so days have sucked mail wise. I haven't gotten anything good since my roving and hooks came. I have already made one skien of funky chunky yarn with my new roving. I used "City Lights," the red, orange, and purple one, to make a funky thick and thin yarn. I really like it. I want to make some more. I might make a purse, scarf, hat, or belt out of it. I still need to get a picture of it to put up. Maybe later or tomorrow.

My spinning wheel has shipped, but isn't expected to arrive until Wednesday, according to the tracking info.

I have an almost finished shawl. It's made out of Divine yarn, and it ended up somewhat small, so I am going to add a button and such and make it where you button it on. I'll be adding pictures of that soon to.

I'm also thinking of having a contest. To make a long complicated story short: I can't think fo a name for my new business and was thinking of having a naming contest, with the winner getting any 1 product they want for free. I still haven't decided yet.

Here's hoping for better mail tomorrow! (for everyone)