A place for me to blabbler on and on about spinning, wheels, fibers, yarns, crocheting, and such, and to offer various crochet/fiber/spinning related items for sale.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Hi! My name is Alicia, but in my creative endeavors I've always been Cheerio. I love to crochet and have a love affair with yarn. When the yarn at the store just wasn't enough I started spinning my own. I've only been spinning a few weeks, but you would never guess that. I am so into it. I've been using spindles, my third spindle came Friday, but have a Louet S10 coming my way any day now.

In my crochet I tend to only make things you can wear. I love to make hats and scarves, but I also make capelets, ponchos, purses, etc. I'm trying to slowly start my own design company. I am trying to start selling my crocheted items, then eventually add sewn items, and even eventually handwoven items. I also might sell handspun yarn and handdyed roving/batts once I get my own supply built up enough.

So the point of this blog is to:
a) talk about my wheel, spindles, spinning, crocheting, etc
b) offer various items for sale
c) show current projects and finished projects
d) show off my handspun yarn
e) share an occasional pattern

Thanks for visiting!